Thursday, May 09, 2013

Bad Interview?

I am a recent college graduate, and I totally bombed my first real job interview. I was not prepared for there to be a group of interviewers. There were 5 interviewers, from different departments of the lab. The lab manager was the one who had called me in for the interview, but when she asked if I had true work experience besides my internship, I answered "no" and she seemed surprised, even though this was clearly stated on my resume. Also, I did not bring the correct paper to show my certification, I brought another (maybe less official) paper showing that I had passed the exam and was certified.

How Did the Interview Turn Out?

I was EXTREMELY nervous, and after their questioning my certification I was flustered. They told me then that they would not be offering me the position. If I was in their position, I would not have hired me either.  (Info from About.Com)

Have you had a bad interview lately?  Did you think you were prepared, but fell apart when they started asking questions?

Click here to get more information on how you can be successful at your next interview.  Pick up a copy of my Interview Planning Form.

To your job search success

Fran Watson
 

No comments: